Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Stormy Day

It had poured all night and the lightening and thunder were deafening. No one seems in any hurray to come down to breakfast today becasue of the bad weather. The sky looks ominous as you gaze out the dinning room window but also quite beautiful with its dark sky with streaks of  light shinning through the dreary darkness. 

One by one our guest meander downstairs into the dinning area and listlessly order their breakfast. It is amazing how weather can affect such a change in a persons attitude.  Although there are some that nothing would stop their infectious happiness such as our regulars that stay here as their permanent home.  They seem to always find some good to be happy about and that is refreshing. Others here will moan and bemoan that the day is a total lost and there will bet nothing to do. 

There are so many things to do if you can not go out side and enjoy the mountains and the park like setting here at Rainbow Mountain Lodge.  We have many activities that can be enjoyed inside of the lodge itself. The indoor swimming pool is heated and the suna is operating and open for all to use. One for the men and another for the women. There is a game room for the children to entertain themselves and all the games are free in that room. My father felt bad that children should not be able to play the games if they couldn't afford the extra expence so he made sure that these games were set to be played with no money involved.  Many of the parents are surprised when their kids ask to go in and they explain to them that they don't want to spend their vacation money on these games only to find out that they are free.

We have many board games laid out on the tables in the main sitting room area. There is backgammon and chess, along with checkers and a few other ones put there for the young children to enjoy.

Our chelf has prepared an especially appetizing menu today to coincide with the wet dreary day ahead. There will be a nice Irish stew and three different kinds of soup to tempt the appetite of any person. For the dinner menu he has decided on a roast pork with applesauce and mashed potatoes with a nice hint of garlic and parsley . After which his dessert menu will tempt all that are here in the lodge. Apple pie al mode and cherry cobbler with whipped cream. Pasteries that will make anyones mouth drool in anticipation. 

All in all it will be a sedate day here at the lodge, but I don't mind that at all once in awhile.  It gives me a chance to talk to the guests and get to know them a bit. I like this part of owning the lodge. I have gotten to know so many interesting people from all over the world. 

Time to do the morning walk through and make sure that all is running as it should be.  Then I can go into my office and catch up on some of the things that have been piling up  on my desk. 

It will be a quiet day today. A relaxing one for all here.                      

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how weather can affect such a change in a persons attitude.  


Thats right.When the sun shines I'm happy.When it's dull and rainy i feel Glum.

Anonymous said...

"On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam, the home of the wolf will be my home." Robert Service~

"Into the dim lit, bare walls of my world, You all entered, bringing light, life to me. The vivid colors, painted with a swirl Of wit, charm, of personality. With tender care, you added comfort, warmth, images that line the now bright walls. I look upon them fondly, bringing forth A thankfulness that you  walk in these halls With me. Our friendships have become a part Of my world now. It has its special place, Within my being, life, in my heart, soul, mind. Your names hang right beside your smiling faces. Rememb'ring just how drab these walls had been. I have to thank you all for the light, my blessed friends. Thank You for that!" Cherokee: "Thank you," Wa do!  Autumn Rain Eyes~ (Bella) Awesome!