Friday, October 14, 2005

The Beauty of Autumn in the Mountains

We have started to get alot of people coming in to stay at the lodge because they want to wander through the beautiful mountain trails and see the glory of autumn as it overtakes the mountain range and forests surrounding our lodge. The colors so radiant and beautiful  that they take your breath away. You can walk for miles and see something different every few feet. Colors entwined together that no painter could ever do justice to. You have to come here and see for yourself. With your own eyes watch as the wind whispers through  the trees and gently blows the leaves around and around till they settle on the ground.

People come from all over and we have a special menu fixed just for this time of year. Our chef has made a delicious Beef Barley Soup, and Tender Roast Beef AuJu, with Spiced Potatoes and Carrots for the main course. After which there will be Apple Pie ala mode, or pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

The guest are all coming in for dinner now and I have to go to the main dinning room to show them to their seats. How rosy their cheeks are and how happy they all look. This is what walking in the mountains looking at all its beauty can do for you.

I love my mountain lodge and wish all could come and see its beauty each season as it unfolds before your eyes. Each season unique and special. So much beauty and it is all for free.

Come to the Lodge some time if you get a chance and I know you will find peace and contentment here as I do.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Is there not 4 all 2 see the beauty of the Sun, the Moon, the changin seasons in the year, the sweet music of daybreak, the spell of nites under the open sky? What of the rain fallin through the leaves of tree creepin over the grass, tippin it w/ spear~points of dew?" Tree of Life~ Autumn Rain Eyes (Bella) Beautiful Site!

Anonymous said...

'There is no season when such pleasant, sunny spots may be lighted on, produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October.' Nathaniel Hawthorne~

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear friend Janice your words are but so true-They bring me back to times I remember thoes autumn trips I would take with the wife before children were there-We would take a small week end to a place up in the mountains they call it Seven Springs well the mountains were in full autumn colors so many years ago
I seem to carry the camera everywhere I go. Oh I loved those pictures the ones by the lake you could see the reflections of reds orange and some greens. You know the pictures in the sunshine that gave it all the meaning-The Sun that God has placed there to warm our Earthly Home-You keep writing I will keep reading
Bless your words always Janice. Your Friend Jimbo

Anonymous said...

Come to the Lodge some time if you get a chance and I know you will find peace and contentment here as I do.

Is the lodge real, Fairy Writer -- or is it like the Captain and his quarters?

Lovely Autumn photos.

Anonymous said...


'You do not know how much they mean to me, my friends, how rare, strange it is, to find in a life composed so much of odds, ends, to find a friend who has these qualities, who has, gives those qualities upon which friendship lives. How much it means that I say this to you, without these friendships, life, what cauchemar! (Nightmare.)" Eliot, T. S
peace, love, blessings, ms bella donna lynn~
Check Out MySpace:
Http://www.myspace.com/msbelladonna
Check Out My Journal:
Http://journals.aol.com/autumnrain1268/LISTENTOTHERAIN

Anonymous said...

JUST CHECKING IN...PEACE, LOVE & HUGS!
Live Simply.
Love Generously.
Care Deeply.
Speak Kindly.
Leave the Rest to Great Spirit!
Tabutni, 'Thank You,' from the bottom of my 'Wild Heart.'
MAY YOU BE BLESSED..
Autumn Rain Eyes (Belladonna Lynn)
Welcome to my world!
Http://journals.aol.com/autumnrain1268/LISTENTOTHERAIN

Anonymous said...

This is a very good journal. Save this journal before aol changes the planned journal features in October 2008. Peace and Hugs, Autumn